Tuesday 10 June 2008

Moment of Truth

I've been loath to change the "What's On My Needles" box to my latest project, mainly because of my worries over yarn quantities. I did the back, both fronts and looked at the two big balls and two smaller balls left of, thinking "yes, of course I have enough yarn". Well, I was wrong. Two thirds of the way through the first sleeve, the alarm bells started ringing. I decided to finish the sleeve, weigh it and see how far short I was. Here is the moment of truth. The first sleeve:-



The remaining wool:-

see how I'm 55g short, just to finish the sleeve? I'm not sure what to do now. I've emailed Cleckheaton (see below) on the off-chance that they still manufacture the yarn.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the body of the cardigan. Instead of sewing up the shoulders, I did a three-needle cast off. It was so easy that I don't think I'll ever sew another shoulder seam.



- Pam (what the hell do I knit now?)

3 comments:

amy said...

That's the must-have cardigan, right? It's cursed. My sleeves are reverse stockinette, for the exact same reason.

PipneyJane said...

Reverse stockinette stitch is an option. How much yarn do you think you saved by doing that?

- Pam (completely at a loss about what to knit next)

Mother of Chaos said...

GAH!!! Ummmmm...3/4 length sleeves?

(Yeah, I got nothing. Except a virtual sharing of the banging-of-the-forehead on the desk. How frustrating!!!!!)