Tuesday 5 June 2007

Decision time

OK, my final post of the day. :o)

Whilst I'm writing about things knitting, I've decided what to do with the pink cotton yarn.

Over on Yarn Addicts at the Fool, Fluff kindly suggested a lacy cabled sweater. Unfortunately, the lace would be torture, since this has no give whatsoever. However, I started thinking about cables and trawled through my knitting books/pattern collection. On Sunday, I rediscovered this:


It's "Rossdale" and comes from The Jean Moss Designer Knits Collection published in 1991. This book was one of the ones I purchased on my infamous trip to Hay-on-Wye. Here's a closer view, showing the neckline and some detail of the cables:



There are problems with the design, it's basically from the 1980's so it's oversized (and the pattern comes in one size only). Oh, and it's short sleeved. However, I think I can copy the basic shape and cable pattern and make a long-sleeved cardigan.

Whilst I was looking at the book, I also found this:



It's perfect for the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk DK that I've been lusting after! The shade I like is 06-06, half way down this page. I better get in quick, though, Debbie's own website doesn't mention this yarn at all! (I'll buy it from John Lewis - I won a £10 gift voucher at work, and I've been working up "ticks" as a reward for the WonderWoman Project. 10 ticks = 1 skein of yarn. )

- Pam



No comments: