Monday 4 April 2011

We Did it!

To everyone who has already sponsored me for last Sunday's Lincoln10k:  a BIG THANK YOU.  If you haven't and you want to, there is still time.  Just click here

In the meantime, I promised you photos.  The Mrs Slocombe Academy for Young Ladies turned out in force.  Naturally, we hurt the eyes of everyone who looked at us.

(From left to right, Fifi, Dorothy, Sheila, Scarlet and Hester.  Chris W is missing because he is a serious runner and was busy "getting in the zone".)

There was a small panic on Friday, when I realised I couldn't find my race number.  I phoned the council and they sorted me out with a backup one, which I collected during the morning before the race.   Dorothy sorted us out with pink gym-bloomers - Mrs S would be proud.


Once the signal blew, it took us about 10 minutes to cross the starting line.  All the walkers were in the slowest group, at the back.


Our official times haven't been posted yet, but we know we completed the race in less than 1 hour 46 minutes, because that was the time on the race clock when we crossed the finishing line.   Here is the whole team:

And heading back to our hotel:


I must say, the staff in the hotel didn't bat an eyelash when we staggered into the bar dressed like that and ordered a victory round.  At that point, I had a Gin and Tonic in my sights and wasn't stopping for anyone. 

We had a great time.  Thank you Lincoln, and thank you to everyone who has sponsored us.

- Pam

No comments: