Friday 26 February 2010

Finished. One Olympic Project

Here is my finished Knitting Olympics Project, my first ever baby surprise jacket.

 

Back view:
 
(Oh, how I wish I'd seen a shot of the back view when I was half way through.  It might have made sense sooner.)
And a close up of the teddy bear buttons.  Aren't they cute?

 

Pattern:  Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman, as published in The Opinionated Knitter
Size:  Approximately the 1 year size.
YarnsPlymouth Encore in acqua and Sirdar Snuggly Chunky in white.    Approximately 200g.
Needles:  4.5mm.

The Encore is a worsted/aran weight yarn, whereas the Snuggly is definitely a chunky. If you look more closely at the white stripes, you'll see they're a bit uneven because I used the needle size to achieve the correct gauge with the Encore, whereas the Snuggly would need smaller needles.  So the white puckers a little.   However, I couldn't have finished the BSJ without it because there wasn't sufficient quantities of any other suitable yarn in the stash to make the BSJ.

- Pam

1 comment:

Mother of Chaos said...

Oh, well done! It looks PERFECT!!

Heh...my word verification is 'ahglamori' - ah, glamorous? :)