We'll be visiting family and friends for the next few days and I'm taking along my Dad's absolute favourite chocolate: Coconut Rough. I've never seen it for sale in the UK, but if you're ever in Australia in winter, look for a branch of Haigh's Chocolate Shops - they'll sell you some. (They don't make it in summer because it melts too fast.)
375g chocolate, either drops or bars broken up (I use 50:50 70% dark chocolate : milk chocolate)
60g copha (pure distilled edible coconut oil, sold white and hard in a jar or bar)
3 cups of desiccated coconut
- Break the chocolate up into small chunks if necessary.
- Line a couple of baking trays with non-stick/silicon paper.
- In a bowl suspended over a saucepan of boiling water, melt the chocolate and the copha and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut until well incorporated. Switch off the heat.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking trays. Refrigerate until hard. It makes 30+ generous dollops. Here are mine just before I put them in the fridge to harden.
Store in the fridge.
Not nice, Pam! That looks both easy and addictive...and as it just so happens, I found a bag of coconut while cleaning out the cupboard...
Post a Comment