Wednesday 17 February 2010

Today's prayer

"Lord, in order to give me strength to get through the day, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth"

Today was a stressful day, so when I read the above on a post by Tconi, I thought "yes, please!".  The network is out to get me.  I'm at Site so expect it to take longer to save or open files, but 5 minutes to open a file on my C: drive(!) is ridiculous.  It was taking 10 minutes or  longer to save that file when I was accessing the copy on the server.  Still, I managed to complete some very important and time critical tasks today.  Yay!

The BIG Boss is staying at my hotel tonight.  I don't like him and don't enjoy my encounters with him.  Fortunately, I'm going out to dinner with some colleagues tonight to celebrate someone's birthday.  (We're going for a curry in Cleethorpes.)  Much to the disappointment of my Project Director (who I like and who is also staying here), who will be entertaining the Boss without reinforcements.

- Pam

No comments: