Monday 4 June 2007

Winding Doooowwwwnnnnnnn

I'm convinced that I'm on the wrong level of Thyroxin and I'm getting more and more symptoms to prove it. The most compelling is that I'm tired all the time, again. On Friday, I left work at 1pm feeling shattered and ended up having an afternoon nap. Yesterday, I was ready to go to bed when we got home from the Club at 8pm. Today, I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open and it's only 9am as I type this (it'll be later when I post it).

Also I'm hungry but I'm not hungry (if that makes sense). What I mean is that part of my body registers that it's hungry, but my brain is too tired to pay attention. On Saturday evening, I didn't realise how hungry I was until I put some hummus and pita out for DH and guest to nibble on. It wasn't until I started eating that I realised I was hungry.

Then there is the feeling like I'm on "time delay". I see and hear what is going on, but I don't necessarily register it until a few seconds after everyone else. Or things just go straight passed me - my brain wasn't quick enough to catch them. Fortunately, this symptom isn't a permanent feature of my days yet; I'm safe to drive. (I may be a zombie on Wednesday, though, when I go to a meeting in The Netherlands. The 4am start will knock me out.)

I've phoned my GP and asked for a blood test (thyroid function tests). Will pick the paperwork up on Friday afternoon, then head to the hospital to get them done. On Friday, when I can see his diary, I'll book an appointment to see him in when the test results are back - don't hold your breath though, they'll take 3 weeks.

- Pam

No comments: