Tuesday 13 August 2013

Oops!! I slipped

I'm knitting a Five Hour Baby Sweater out of Stylecraft Baby Aran in the shade Baby Lemon for the newborn daughter of one of DH's colleagues. With 20 rows to go on the body, I know I will run out of yarn. I always knew it would be tight, even after inserting the reminants of some white aran yarn into the yoke to pad out the yarn as a styling detail. (Photo below.)  I can't do another stripe of the white - I've used all that I had - so this morning, I unwillingly went searching online for some more. 

(I really didn't want to go yarn shopping. Even with the Fashion on the Ration challenge, my stash is approaching epic proportions.) Below, is the exact transcript of a conversation I had with with DH…

  ME: Just to let you know that I've ordered some more of the baby yarn from a shop on line. It'll arrive over the weekend (probably).

  DH: Cool. So I assume you order lemon/yellow? 

ME: Yes, same shade. Probably a different dye-lot, though, so I'll have to wait for it to be delivered and then alternate rows in order to ensure the change in dye lots doesn't show up.
 [ cough ] 
In order to get free P&P, I had to buy some other wool. Some 4-ply in French Navy. [ cough ] And it made sense to buy 12 balls because a) I don't know how much I'll need to knit the jumper I want (I'll be knitting "off-piste"), and b) it got me an extra discount. (I only paid for 11.) 
[ cough ]
 I'm sure it'll squish down into nothing.... 
[ / cough ] 
DH still hasn't responded.

-  Pam (another 16 coupons spent)

1 comment:

Mother of Chaos said...

But, it's LOVELY. That alone justifies far worse transgressions. (<= Knitter Logic)

And, lol. Now, is he not responding because he's annoyed, or because he fears opening up the "yeah? well, honey, let's discuss some of YOUR little collections, SHALL we?" conversation? (Mine decided a long time ago that he preferred to avoid any risk of that conversation, which occasionally [irrationally] irks me because I could really use a sanity-check sometimes...particularly when I get into those "plus, if you buy our whole entire warehouse, we will give you not only free shipping, but an extra 5% off!" situations.)