Thursday 13 September 2007

Four Years

Today is my wedding anniversary. Four years ago, I married the love of my life. How can I describe what he means to me without getting slushy and embarrassing the poor guy? Well, I probably can't. DH is wonderful. I love him more than I can say. He is my best friend, my Darling Lover, my life-mate.

We've been together nearly 9 years. I was in the process of leaving Dumbo, when DH's flatmate brought him along to our work Christmas Party. For the entire previous year, I'd wondered who this guy was. I'd never seen him, but I'd heard so much about him. Every time there was a work "do" (and we were a very social mob), I'd leave around 9.30 to get home, come in on Monday and hear "You should have stayed M... and G.... turned up just after you left." The only time I did stay, M... brought along his other flatmate instead!


The rest, as they say, is history. Our first date was the night before Christmas Eve, our second between Christmas and New Year. Within 3 weeks we were inseparable. Less than a month later, DH came with me to see a lawyer about my divorce (was that lawyer confused by us!). By the time the ink dried on my divorce decree, we were living together.


Happy anniversary Lover!


- Pam


PS: Here is the card I made him:


4 comments:

amy said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a wonderful photo.

Mother of Chaos said...

How marvelous!! Congratulations to you both!

Tamsie said...

What a lovely story and beautiful photo! I'll always remember your anniversary, because it's the same day as my birthday. Happy Anniversary and many more to follow!

Jan said...

Awww. Congratulations, you too.