Sunday 11 February 2018

Starting again

Hello.  Is there anyone out there?  I haven’t blogged in ages, so I can’t blame you if you were wondering whether I’d fallen off the face of the earth.  It’s not that I don’t want to blog - I do!  I still write posts in my head - they just don’t make it to the screen.  There’s being a contractor to moan about.  There’s the saga of job hunting to tell you about. Plus the MSc, I want to pursue.  Also, there are new recipes to share.  I have some yarn-related items to show off AND I have a couple of adventures to share...  

I don’t even read blogs very often anymore.   Last week was the first time I read the Yarn Harlot in years.  (Did you know Stephanie’s a grandmother?!!!). 

I got out of the habit.  I lost my voice.  I used to write blogs on Friday afternoons, in my old job when we finished work at Friday lunchtime.  Or I’d write them in my lunch break - but I’ve never had the privacy to do that in my current place of employment.   Anyway, no more excuses.  I’m going to try to get back into the habit.  I need a sounding board and you’re it.  Thank you for being there for me.

- Pip. (How are you?  What has been happening in your life?)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I check in every time I see you have made a new post. Life does have a habit of getting in the way.

God bless.

Monday's Child said...

I'm still here.
And having ghosted on at least 10 of my own blogs, my best advice is not to beat yourself up when you don't write here. We all have enough crud in our heads trying to make us feel bad. Don't add to it unnecessarily. :)

What's up with me? Being a contractor and usually liking it. Planning a vacation to London later this year. Looking at my huge yarn stash and not knitting anything (and feeling unnecessarily guilty about it). Crying over YarnHarlot blog posts. Swearing at Facebook posts.
So... the usual.

Hugs. (Or Ugs, which is what I wrote the first time. And I kind of think it's equally appropriate.)