Bacon and cream cheese pasta
Serves 4 to 6
150g bacon trimmings
1 onion sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g mushrooms, sliced
250ml dry white wine
200g cream cheese
30g or so of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (real "parmesan" not that Danish fake rubbish)
500g pasta shapes (I used quills because that is what I had)
- Put the water on to boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the packet's directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the onion, garlic and mushrooms and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the bacon until the fat begins to run. Stir occasionally.
- Once there is fat in the frying pan, add the onion and continue frying it until the onion becomes glassy/clear.
- Stir in the mushrooms and the garlic. Continue frying, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have made water and it has evaporated.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to the boil. Stir in the cream cheese and keep stirring until it has melted and the sauce is creamy. Switch off the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan. Pour over the sauce. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve.